Endoscopy in Ambala
Colonoscopy is a procedure in which a doctor uses a colonoscope or scope, to look inside your rectum and colon. Colonoscopy can show irritated and swollen tissue, ulcers, polyps, and cancer.
How is virtual colonoscopy different from colonoscopy?
Virtual colonoscopy and colonoscopy are different in several ways:
- Virtual colonoscopy is an x-ray test, takes less time, and you don’t need anesthesia NIH external link.
- With virtual colonoscopy, your doctor doesn’t view the entire length of your colon.
- Virtual colonoscopy may not find certain polyps as easily as a colonoscopy can.
- Doctors can’t remove polyps or treat certain other problems during a virtual colonoscopy.
- Your health insurance coverage may be different for the two procedures.
- Why do doctors use colonoscopy?
A colonoscopy can help a doctor find the cause of symptoms, such as
- bleeding from your anus
- changes in your bowel activity, such as diarrhea
- pain in your abdomen
- unexplained weight loss